miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2018

A fighter for equality
👩💜

Now on days, there are a bunch of great characters into the Chilean History, it's difficult to decide which one is better, so I'm going to talk about someone that maybe is not the greatest Chilean of all time but it's someone that is very important and interesting for me, I'm going to talk about Amanda Labarca.

First of all, I want to introduce saying that She was considered by the Univesidad de Chile as one of the Women with most talent that has produced this country, so now you'll know why!

She became a teacher and work different places, then, She moved to the States to study the scholar system in Chile. At the United States, She learned a lot about female equality, specially related with education aspects. When she came back to Chile, she fought for women's rights in Chile (Specially during the fight for the right to vote for women)
She also became the first female academic at the Universidad de Chile in 1922, she founded the ''National council of Women'', the ''Female Civic League'' and others.

Those are some reasons about why I found her very interesting and why I admire her, If I had the possibility to ask her about something, I would ask her about how was the feeling for being the first academic in our University and in consequence, to be the only woman in the place you work.






2 comentarios:

  1. I would ask her how was the battle that she fought to be a woman that revolutionized our country and be accepted like an influencer woman on it and on that times! Amazing.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. great woman, Chile was needed the womans voice

    ResponderEliminar